knitnana: Ravens...Irtfa'a...Coffee Swap...Monday!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Ravens...Irtfa'a...Coffee Swap...Monday!

I haven't had a weekend, yet. Am sooooooo looking to getting off Wednesday at noon and not going back to work till Monday next! (Of course, I'll be working here, but working for Nana Sadie Rose isn't work - it's fun!)

I did get my Ravens from BMFA on Friday. It took until yesterday - midday, sunshine, and a brain somewhat less foggy - to get a reasonable photo...I love the 3 I ordered! The shading is indeed more pronounced than it appears on their website. But you should have seen the colorations I was coming up with till this shot! I got Rook-y, Korppi, and Tlinglit. Some have plum tones, some a true teal, deep purples, grays to blacks. Just stunning colors.

I think I am going to get Thraven for Irtfa'a. I have not seen so stunning a lace shawl in all my days, and I can't imagine another colorway for it. Anne's surpassed herself (I always wonder how she can top the last creation, but she always does!)!

On a fun note: Look what arrived today?

Necia was my Coffee Swap 3 partner and this is the package I got from her - there are three kinds of coffee, a package of candies, the coffee mug (a great size!!!) and chocolate spoon, cookies, lipgloss (coffee-flavored!), and a darling kitty notebook. Then...the yarn? Well, that's Spirit Trail sock weight yarn - from RHINEBECK! Ok, I didn't get to go, but I got Rhinebeck yarn, anyway! How cool is that? Stunning is what it is...

Then these adorable stitch markers, too! HA! Spells out my name, dontcha know? Thank you so much, Necia!!! This swap was delightful...go check out Necia's new addition to the family...Graylin!

My own favorite feline was determined to take center stage on Sunday, while I was trying hard to do my bookkeeping client's books. Do you think she could hamper my movements with the mouse any more?

She's ignored me too long this week...now it's MY TURN for attention

I've got a glass of wine poured, I'm knitting squares for Oliver's Fund, and - ta da - the auditors left today! Whoohoo!

12 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Can't wait to see that shawl!! Yes, the yarn you've chosen is perfect. What a haul from your coffee swap partner, very generous!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Beautiful yarn! I like the Tlinglit best.. I need to go check out Anne's shawl and see if it's the one I'm thinking it is.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm looking forward to a short week, too! Hope you get some good relaxing time in.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What wonderful goodies from your Coffee Swap pal! The Raven is lovely, too.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Oh, no, you have enabled me again! I love that shawl, and was going to ask which of the ravens had the most teals/greens, but it appears the Thraven used for the shawl might be the one... if only I had more knitting time. What a great coffee swap gift!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm dying to start Irtfa'a, but I'm going to wait for my friend Shelly to dye me up some yarn for it.

I love the colorways you got from the Raven Clan! Yum!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

my Iftfa'a is going to be made out of Laci in Rook-y. I'm itching to cast one and get it started but have to finish holiday knitting and 3 UFOs. It's my goal to start 2008 with no UFOs ... yeah, right?
Enjoy your time off and treat yourself to some quiet time.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Denise Bein Kroll said...

Um, drool... the Raven colors are beautiful. My knitting meet-up did a group order so I am still awaiting delivery of my Korppi... what a shawl pattern! I already have one in my queue, but how tempting is that!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pretty yarn! Wonderful goodies, too! Love the stitch markers.

I have Korppi earmarked for Irtfa'a. It's such a beautiful shawl! I snatched the pattern up just as soon as the ink was dry, I think.

Thraven will be The Wings Of A Dream. I think that one might be first. Decisions, decision.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

What a great coffee swap package! I'm very swap shy but I so want to do this one!

Enjoy your "vacation"!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Beautiful ravens...can't wait to see what you make from them. mmm coffee... Meezer...you make me laugh! :)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,

I still have to get up my wonderful package. I feel so bad, I done ate up ALL the cookies and the candy. I'm almost finished with the coffee. Ay vey. My camera always manage to get missing when I receive a cool pkg. But I'll find it, and post up the little goodies I still have evidence of! BTW, the bag you made me is getting a considerable amount of compliments, like I knew it would. I will make sure to link you on my blog,so get ready to crank up your machine!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!