knitnana: Memes, Deadlines, Socks, and Such!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Memes, Deadlines, Socks, and Such!

Wow. This is a big post. Beware...

The Oak Grove Elementary School Craft Show is over. I think next year I'm going to pass this one by, as they've gone more and more to having a sale devoted to crafts the youngsters and their families make to earn "Christmas money." That's not a bad thing. But it does affect the quality of the crafters, and as such, the sales for people who make their living at this (like MOI!).

Here's what the "booth" looked like...

And I've been knitting a bit - finished another square today at the show for Oliver's Fund's blanket raffle, and then I've turned the heel on the 3 Dancers sock!


Then...Melanie tagged me for a meme...to turn to page 161 in the book I'm reading now and read you the 5th sentence...

"The rewriting of your dark-corner stories is an important first step in the healing process." From Writing From Life by Susan Wittig Albert. (I love her China Bayles series, too - AND she's a knitter, did you know? Go HERE).

I think I'm supposed to tag 5 more people - I'll tag Jane, Birdsong, Chris, Pam, and Opal.

Sorry gals. Jane made me change my ways...she tagged me last! So I had to "get her back" and the only way to do that was to tag the 5 people I was supposed to tag...
lolol

OH. And because the sales from the Oak Grove show were almost exclusively ready-made bags, I'm going to extend the Christmas Order deadline to NEXT Saturday - Nov 24! Don't make Santa wait while he's filling up his sleigh...get your orders in now!
(((hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

LOL - you know me, I'm meme-free. :) Thanks, though! But you did have some sales at the show, right??

10:58 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That sock is stunning, I just got my first skein of Roxanne's lovely yarn :)

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a shame about the show, but it will probably leave you more time right before the holidays. Lovely Booth!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Ok, I've posted the 5th sentence on page 161 - I hope it makes more sense to someone else than it does to me {g}

11:43 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Thanks for tagging me. Let's see if I can remember to post it now! I love your booth. What a cornucopia of delights. :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I love Susan Wittig Albert too - her Beatrix Potter stories are wonderful, and I also love her writing book. Have you read her herb book? Just lovely.

The sock looks great!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOvely layout on your stall, cozy and inviting! I hope it went well regardless of the quality of the show dropping.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks are beautiful and your booth looked great! I really have to take a look at your choice of totes again, high time I had one of these beauties!!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a cute booth! That sock is just amazing! Love those colors! :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!