knitnana: Grateful For So Many Things...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Grateful For So Many Things...

Thanksgiving Eve. I'm nursing a couple of bad shoulders - bursitis/tendonitis that flares particularly when the weather changes as it's about to do: 75 and we broke a record today, but tomorrow the rain will charge in and the temps will drop into the 40s during the day (with a wind, so they say) and by Saturday in the wee, small hours, it will be in the 20s here. When that happens, between the Fibromyalgia and the SLE, life becomes extremely uncomfortable for me. I switch back and forth between medium-sized needle projects and size 1 sock needles, bake hot packs in the microwave to wear around my neck and prop against my back and hips, pull on layers of handknits and sweats, and cuddle under the down comforter (with a little help from a very hot-bodied Meeze) after taking pain meds and muscle relaxers...

I don't mind cold weather. I MIND the damp and the sudden drastic swings in temperatures...

I'm grateful tho' (doesn't sound like it, huh?) - I could be so much worse, and I know it!

Tonight, working on the WPS, I had my first occasion to use the new swift! I took the advice of Rebecca and went with the one from Joann's and used a 50% off coupon. It's been sitting here awhile, in the box (you can see that in the photo below, too)...

I have been thinking I'd make the time to start clearing away the disaster that is my office/knitting room, trying to persuade myself that I couldn't photo this purchase for you till I had a wonderful knit spot to show it off in.

Yeah. Well. So much for good intentions!

I had to have a new skein of Peace Fleece. And I did NOT want to wind it by hand with my shoulders acting up. So...My ball winder and swift are NOT where they ultimately will be (promise!). But you can see them, nonetheless! (tee hee!)

I was bloghopping today, and look what I found! Melanie honored me with this:
I think Melanie is one of my favorite people of all time in blogland. She makes me THINK (she also very nice, and a great customer of mine, as well...)

But Melanie has a mind that works like mine. And as a librarian, she's much better read than I. She points me in directions of books I wouldn't have considered, she comments on those she's read, and makes me stretch to understand, she supports me outside of what she puts on her blog, being a good friend, as she is...so.

Now I'm supposed to name 5 gals who make ME smile as well...so:
Birdsong
Jane (who's just had a computer crash, so it may be a bit before she realizes this has happened to her!)
Pam
Margene
Carole (Ack! I posted an incorrect link before, but it's fixed now! - so sorry, Carole!)

You ALL inspire me to stretch beyond my little space in the world, you challenge me to be so much more than I once was. Each of you makes me smile! And I'm so grateful you are there...

I'm grateful for family and local pals, and my girls, especially this one:

Mommie says there won't be any turkey this year.
Because they're all going to a restaurant for dinner.
Maybe she'll sneak home some leftovers?


My hope for us all on Thanksgiving Day tomorrow - May you eat all you want, and while you do, please remember not just those who are close at your table, but also those who are across the world, far from their loved ones...doing jobs that are risky and unpleasant. And say a prayer, lift your eyes, to the possibility of a world without war, without strife, without hunger.

Pray for peace.
((((hugs))))

6 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Thank you for such lovely thoughts! I will be praying for peace but also hoping that the Meezer gets a bit of holiday goodies too, LOL.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats! And I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling achey... Happy Thanksgiving and I'll be thinking thoughts of peace, too...

10:35 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad I make you smile! (but that's not my actual link) Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and I hope you bring some turkey home to the kitties!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you feel better soon...

7:43 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

(blush)

I hope you feel better, you have a lovely Thanksgiving, and that the kitties don't tear you limb from limb if you come home without enough treats!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sallee and a big hugg to you and the felines. Hope your shoulders are on the mend, not fun.

Meezer, you are looking good!!!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!