knitnana: Christmas On My Mind...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christmas On My Mind...

It's been another busy day here in Knitnana Land...here's a cute new Posy Sock Sack that was completed today...(It's called Dog Run)

And here's a set that was ordered a while back - the Sheep & Border Collie fabric I know you've seen before, and in a Posy, too, but...
the Oressa Double Point Needle case makes it a neat set!

I got a little bit of decorating done for Christmas - the little tree is up, but not decorated yet. That was a bit of work, rearranging the living room - I really didn't know quite where to put the tree in this new place. It's just a little table top (4 foot), prelit tree, and the table I used to use for it is in another room. So there was a bit of a challenge as I tried to figure out what to do with it! I'll show you once it gets decorated...

Then my good friend Lynette and I got together for our (almost) weekly dinner at Panera Bread and knitting after. My Big Sis called during our knitting and I finally got the measurements I needed to begin her socks. This is a Christmas present she knows she's getting, in fact, she picked out the yarn when I was up to visit back in October. We went to Knit Happens and she picked out a yummy dark chocolate handpainted yarn from Fleece Artist (100% merino). She was really hard to convince - her feet give her a lot of trouble and I don't think she really believes me that these will make her feel better.

Anyone want to second my opinion on the matter? lol!

So once off the phone, I hurried to wind up the yarn, and cast on. You can see I've swapped out the Harmony needles from my Three Dancers socks (they're mine, and can go on the back burner for now).

But you know what? Lynette said she didn't think I'd knit a stitch of these socks with my glasses on. And I've decided that now I have the toe done, I've got to go back to my blonde bamboo double points. I can't see this chocolate yarn on the Harmony's - HEY, Knitpicks! Just s suggestion - NEXT year, you need to make BLONDE Harmony's! PLEASE?
Thank you, Miss Muffin, for modeling this lovely new sock toe!

So with the toys I'm making, these socks, a few other things OTN, and so much sewing, I wonder how much sleep I'll get between now and the holidays? lol

I must admit, I picked up 4 of the little single candlesticks to go in the windows today. I was appalled to find out that they were from China. NO..I was in too big of a rush and didn't look at the label - just WHAT did I say yesterday? But as hurried as I was, I didn't even think! And one of darn things blew a bulb as soon as I plugged it in. :(

(My neighbor has single candles in each window on the front of the house - the 4 windows on my side look pretty odd without them. Guess I should see if I can find some that are a bit higher quality, what do you think?)

No one said living by one's principles was an easy thing to do! It does take conscious effort...
(((hugs)))

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

It may be hard to see but that's some pretty pretty yarn!It looks like bittersweet chocolate!

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll second that socks are good for the feet!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you are so busy! Just reading about it makes me ready for a nap. :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Delicious socks - and you're right: no way can you knit socks if the needles are the same color as the yarn. I found that out with grey yarn and silver needles. Impossible!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Yes, I agree this yarn looks good enough to eat! I hope working with bamboos does the job. Love your model:) I also really like the fabric with sheepies and a border collie... too cute:)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm knitting dark brown yarn on Harmony needles and I'm having a hard time too. Maybe we should start a petition. ;-)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!