knitnana: 8 Random Things...& Charity Knitting
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

8 Random Things...& Charity Knitting

I think I've done this, but you know, Jane tagged me again, so here goes (sorry if I bore you). The rules are:

"When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you.
· Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself.
· At the end of the post you must tag and link to eight other people"

1. I'm really, really tired and stressed tonight and very, very glad it's "TGIF" tomorrow.
2. I was born a curly-headed blonde (tow-headed in fact). Can't prove it today. Except in photos.
3. I spent 17 years of my life studying ballet. To this day, if no one is watching, I'll dance in my living room.
4. I discovered opera in 1997 and have been totally besotted by it ever since. It amazed me that someone who was such a student of ballet would "change art forms" so devotedly, and so quickly!
5. It took me 9 years to earn my bachelor's degree at night.
6. It took me 2 years to earn my master's degree - full-time, commuting 50 miles each way every day.
7. I have a collection of vintage children's books and children's cat stories. My very favorite is The Mousehole Cat by Barber & Bayley. The word Mousehole is prounounce "mousul" in the story that I originally saw in cartoon form on television back in 1997.
8. I desperately need to follow the lead of a friend of mine here in town. Pam is doing a Wednesday segment on her blog about a spot in her house she needs to reclaim. As in, she posts a photo this week of the disarray. Next week (IF this works) she'll post a photo of the spot in it's new, organized, happy state. I think it's a fabulous motivator. I also think Pam is VERY brave...

Hmmm...eight people to tag?
How about if you do this if you'd like to? I'm really too tired tonight to hunt up and connect the links.
(sorry)
(((hugs)))

edited to add: Oh! I almost forgot! Carole & Margene are at it again! Knit Unto Others is up and running...and I'm putting my efforts for Oliver's Fund and the blanket squares toward that KAL. Since the squares have to be to Kay by November 30, it fits right in!

So go. Pick your charity. Pick up your needles. What? You don't have time? Oh what's the holidays without a backlog of knitting to finish, anyway?
*wink*

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, that home reclamation thing is a good idea. Of course, if I were to join up, I would then never do it.

9:51 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Maybe I'll do your meme... since I just tagged you with mine (via Anna)!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I feel the same tonight, tired and overcommitted, but I am glad I popped by, because I couldn't remember how to find Oliver's Fund or where to send the squares (so tired I couldn't even think of Oliver's NAME!). That is my choice for 'little things' for this KUTO too, as well as finishing up a blankie for my local Crisis Nursery. I love the collection of children's books! Hope the show goes well:)

1:10 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm with Chris. While I adore the idea of the home reclamation idea, I doubt I'd ever really get around to doing it if I joined publicly.

4:46 AM  
Blogger kat said...

your random things are very interesting...so much you don't know about other bloggers.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the ballet. Every year I watch the Nutcracker and remember how much I loved dancing. *sigh* and DH falls asleep. :)

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some list! I knew you were a remarkable woman but this really adds to that assumption!! Well done...G

PS MR. C and Ms. M send their best wishes and headbonks to your gang.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!